Beef Fried Rice
- 2 tsp olive oil or cooking spray
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 400g beef schnitzel, sliced
- 1 Tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp crushed chilli pepper or chilli sauce (optional)
- ¼ cup (60ml) cold water
- 2 cups mixed vegetables (fresh or frozen)
- 4 cups (800g) white rice, cooked and chilled immediately until ready to use
- 1 (150g) red capsicum, diced
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
How to make
- Heat oil in a large non stick frying pan. Add garlic and beef, cook until browned.
- In a small bowl, combine sauces with water. Add this to the pan, with mixed vegetables and red capsicum. Stir fry for 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add rice and mix well. Simmer for 1-2 minutes. Place in a serving dish.
- Cook egg in a pan on moderate heat. Cut into strips. Use as garnish.
Leave out the chilli sauce until you have removed children’s portions.
Then add chilli sauce and toss through before serving adults.